September 29, 2009
By Ralph Phillips, Computer & Information Systems
BookJetty.com is a web-based application and social networking site that allows you to keep track of the books you’ve read and the books you’re reading. But wait, there’s more…
- See what your friends are reading and check out their reviews.
- Rate and categorize your own book so your friends can check out what you’re reading.
- Participate in book discussions via the message boards.
- Keep track of book recommendations by adding them to your wish list.
- Make widgets (like the book covers below) to post on your web site or blog.
Even if you’re not into the social networking aspect of the site, the other tools on BookJetty.com make it a fun and worthwhile tool.
September 22, 2009
ConXn welcomes you back and wishes you all a year full of success! To help you prepare for the new school year, here are some tips in a 3 minute video clip by analyst Richard St. John:
Do you agree? What are some of YOUR tips for being successful? Share with the rest of us your experiences and insights by using the “Comment” link below.
Also, here is a quick reminder on what ConXn is… ConXn is YOUR blogging community, an interactive space where COCC students, staff, and faculty share their collective interests, wisdom, or expertise to connect and intellectually stimulate us all. Have an idea for a blog post you wish to contribute? Please email Stacey Donohue, email@example.com. No prior blog posting experience required! We are looking forward hearing from you!